COVID-19 Update from Truesdale Medical Center
March 16, 2020
Just like you, we are concerned about the COVID-19 outbreak and are taking it seriously. Protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff is our primary goal. To achieve this, we will stay open to care for all our patient’s medical needs, within the scope of our practice. And we are implementing some new policies to further this goal:
- If you have come into contact with someone that has been diagnosed with, or possibly infected with, COVID-19, or are sick with any respiratory symptoms including coughing, shortness of breath or fever, kindly call or email the office before arriving. Please do not show up at the office for a sick visit without notifying us first.
- If you have a scheduled appointment and you have recently traveled internationally, please call to notify us and we will reschedule your appointment at least 30 days from your return date.
- Upon check-in, please wash your hands and/or clean with hand sanitizer.
- We will provide a surgical mask to any patient with an appointment in the office that wants one.
- Until further notice we have implemented a no hand-shaking policy to reduce the spreading of germs.
- Please note: We do not have the capability to test for Coronavirus in this office. Again if you have symptoms, please call our office first and we can help direct you on how to get tested.
Please note that we will have our staff stay home if they are ill. We are completing more frequent cleaning of the office as well as performing extra infection control procedures.
Please remain reassured that we will do everything possible to keep you and all our patients and our team safe and healthy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the office and a member of our staff will be happy to help.
We will always be there for you. We appreciate your grace and patience as we navigate through this unknown situation.