HIV Medical Care
What to Expect
Your HIV Medical Care and HIV Primary Care are our top priority. Through our partnership with Palmetto Community Care, we have more than 30 years of experience working the HIV/AIDS realm and we are happy to connect you to supportive services and programs beyond your medical care.
Comprehensive HIV Care
Truesdale Medical Center embraces a whole-person view of HIV care, offering a range of programs to address the spectrum of ways in which a person’s life may be impacted by a chronic health condition such as HIV. We provide in-office treatment for evidence-based management of HIV and concurrent health conditions. We also provide lab draws on-site to increase convenience for our patients. Our staff will help assist with management and referral for the ongoing care of:
- Mental health services: For psychiatric evaluations and medication management
- Nutrition services: For evaluation, counseling and body-composition measurements
- Drug and alcohol counseling: For support to establish or maintain sobriety and quit smoking
To support and nurture each and every individual on his or her journey to well-being, we offer referrals and support services through our partner agency Palmetto Community Care for:
- Medical case management support: For community-based services and other resources
- Financial counseling: For assistance with securing health care coverage for prescriptions and medical appointments
- Patient education: For confidential counseling and education on living well with HIV, and making the most of your clinic visits
- Peer Support: For additional guidance on navigating life and living well with HIV.
- Transportation Assistance: transportation to and from medical appointments may be arranged as needed by your case manager.